Summer funPosted: June 7, 2011
One of the primary tasks I have for this summer is finding a job. Yay! Seems like it would be so easy, but its not that simple. For the past few weeks I have been applying to any job opportunity that comes my way and seeking out some on my own. I’ve actually learned a lot so far…especially the fact that there’s much effort involved.
– never apply without submitting both your resume AND cover letter
– if applying at a coffee shop, its best to be a consistent customer first, instead of just coming there for a job once
– check CRAIGSLIST!!!
– Smile during your interview
– At interview, never ask if they would be flexible in giving you time off to go camping during the summer (;P my mistake)
– send a thank you card (make sure you know the exact name of your interviewer.. don’t guess)
so as I continue my job-hunt, i’ll just enjoy these awesome jams